Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com

BUILDING A NEW HOME

This is a detailed account of our experience building a dream house. Hopefully, it will chronicle our daily or at least weekly experiences with the project. We are not building it ourselves, but instead hired a builder to handle that part of the stress. This is our labor of love and we give thanks to God for blessing us with the opportunity to do it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I absolutely love and adore God as my first mission in life. My second greatest loves are my children and husband. I also have a very deep and sincere commitment to the aid, love and support of hurting, impoverised, and/or underprivelaged children here and abroad. I spend much of my resources trying to be a blessing to many of those children in the world. If you are interested in helping please let me know. I am very interested in business issues as I own 2 companies. I am highly ambitious and driven. I love new homes, and interior design. I'm an admitted shopaholic. I've been singing since I was a small child and have an infinite love for music.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Scaffolding Down /Paint Prime Done/Siding Started

Brick: Well I'm happy to say that most of the scaffolding in front of the house is down now. There is one little piece remaining on the far left side of the house (because a tiny window was accidentally left out over the garage peak). Once it is put in the last tiny bit of brick will be put up there and the scaffolding officially all gone.

Siding Started & Paint Prime: Meanwhile the siding has started to go up. I hope we picked the right color. I am super happy with the brick choice, hopefully when it's done I will feel the same about the siding. Last, the inside of the house is really starting to look like a house now. All the paint priming is done. Whoo hooo!!! Bring on the full inside and outside paint job! Even with just the prime it looks so cool. The paint people are supposed to do the stain on the doors, outside trim, inside paint - everything.

House Sold: This past Wednesday we officially sold our current house and completed the closing. Thanks to God's super great blessing we are staying here and renting it until the new house is done.

Click here to join buildingadreamhome
Click to join buildingadreamhome